Monday, April 26, 2010

Thought For The day, April 26

Howdy,
I have enclosed the letter that I sent out this past weekend as the thought for the day. I think it will go directly towards how the ALP is modeled.

W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research
300 South Westnedge Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49007-4686
Good day,
My name is AJ O'Neil and I own AJ's Cafe in Ferndale , Mi. Our cafe holds the Guinness world record for the longest continuous concert. Our 288 hour non - stop "Assembly Line Concert" set the record last year as an awareness campaign to the virtues of the domestic automobile industry here in Detroit.

We held the "Second Shift Concert" earlier this year and eclipsed our existing record. Pending Guinness approval., we will hold the record at 313 hours, non-stop.

What I learned from the concert was from a "main street" perspective. I had so much real data and stories to relate to. I recently, after much consideration, started a political party. Called The Assembly Line Party (ALP) I hold this as my main vision :

The domestic manufacturing sector is the backbone of our economy. We must retain the right of every citizen to have a decent wage job.

I maintain this premise, "we are all in this together." What I have done is come up with "cross - trickle economic theory." Cross-trickle economic theory holds that the proper relationship in a capitalist society as the United States would be that of "consumer/producer to business entity."

Plainly said, the producer of a product, i.e. the automobile assembly line worker for example is also the consumer. The people who build cars also are the people who buy them. It stands as very likely that they buy the cars they build.

This is good for the producer/consumer, and good for the employer.

However, if the employer decides that they are going to opt for a cheaper labor workforce in a foreign country at the expense of the domestic producer, they not only replace the worker, they have disrupted the cross-trickle economic system that reverberates all the way through our economy.

My request to you is this: Do you have the ability to scientifically calculate the relationship that a proper cross-trickle economic relationship has with regards to the strength (or detriment) to our economy and our employment?

Can you assist me in this?

Most kindly yours,
AJ O'Neil
AJ's cafe
240 w. 9 Mile Rd.
Ferndale, Mi. 48220
248.399.3946
ajsmusiccafe.com
ajamesoneil@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. AJ, I love what you are saying, "The ALP believes that Manufacturing is the backbone of the economy and that cross-trickle economics (consumer/producer -- business entity relationship) is the new way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey y'all. At least it was quick! We'll find someone or some way to get this research done. I hear there's aome knowledgeable people at U of M, Wayne and Oakland U. I'll keep at it!
    Dear AJ:

    Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the data to carry out such a report are not readily available. In addition, such a project, while interesting, would be very costly to undertake. Sorry that we can't be of assistance.

    Best wishes,

    Rich Wyrwa

    ReplyDelete